10.19.2009

12 hours in Vegas



This past weekend we were in Vegas for roughly 12 hours, just enough time to go to a wedding. I like to think of it as Vegas on an extremely tight budget. While doing some reading about Las Vegas dining I quickly realized that we would be able to afford very little, but there was one place that caught my eye as tasty and affordable. The Jean-Philippe Patisserie at the Bellagio, which not only served pastries (savory and sweet) but crepes, sandwiches, and gelato. It was more of a shop than a restaurant, with scattered tables around the corner. Neither one of us are decisive so it took a while to pick out a pastry for us to share. I gave up and let him decide since I don't really have much of a sweet tooth anyway. And so the Opera was chosen, full of coffee chocolaty goodness, but to be honest it was a bit underwhelming. So while it wasn't the best dessert I'd ever had, it was definitely the prettiest.

1 comment:

  1. Viva Las Vegas! To bad we didn't try the sammiches they looked tastey

    ReplyDelete