8.17.2009

Buddhas Hand

Today Captain Insane-o and I went to Magic Garden Nursery in search of a Calamansi tree, a type of Southeast Asian citrus. I received a tip that these trees were available to purchase in Arizona and after a bit of googling I decided I wanted one. I had a very pleasant experience and will be happily going back on Thursday to buy a Calamansi tree, because instead we came home with a Buddha's Hand Tree. I've been fascinated with Buddhas hand since battle citrus on Iron Chef America, the fruit that the tree produces is all pith and peel, it is also very fragrant. The tree has one piece of fruit and if it survives till Fall when it ripens half of it will be turned into Buddhas Hand-cello and the other half will be turned into marmalade by the Captain.

http://www.magicgardennursery.com/

/*Captain Insane-o's comments: In the picture with the fruit, yes those are thorns, very sharp very big thorns. The poor guy who took it to the car for us ended up bleeding all over our brand new terra cotta pot and he's a professional. I look forward to cooking the fruit, but not to picking the fruit.*/

Photobucket
buddah's hand

No comments:

Post a Comment